Thursday, December 21, 2006

Malaysia: A holiday destination part 1

Paula and I booked flights to Malaysia last April with AirAsia. I did it on a whim, I had no idea where I was going to be in January, I was in the middle of changing jobs and I felt lost in the transition to Actual Growing Up. And I cringe (so violently it hurts) when people say, "Oh, are you having a quarter life crisis?" Yes, that's right I'm going to live to a hundred, insert derogatory term here please. In short, I was probably drunk when I decided with ironclad resolve to go. Best move ever. Anyway, the year has been extremely kind to me. I'm happily out of credit card debt, I know, I must have said this a thousand times already but I'm absolutely swimming in pride and love for myself for having accomplished this and I haven't gotten over it yet. I'm really full of myself about that, so just leave me alone. I've made plans and have surprisingly been consistent in following through on most of them (I'm normally one of those full speed ahead and then lose steam halfway through a project types) and I've got more planned till June 2007. All this is so unlike last year's me when I didn't know what I was doing the coming weekend and couldn't care less. Ed said I looked mature at lunch today (not old but mature haha) and sounded pleased. I vacillate between being pleased and being worried so much that I think I'm going batty. But the growing up wagon set off ages ago so I'll just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. I do miss spontaneity and that's where the Malaysian adventure comes in! We're flying from Clark (Pampanga) so Paula and I need to get up bright and early to catch the bus that takes us there. And as soon as we arrive in KL, her friend (my friend now too!) is picking us up and we're driving north to Cameron Highlands. Woohoo! Go go go!!! I'm so excited I want to start packing. I probably will start doing so next week even though it's over two weeks away, I love packing. It's all so very exciting.

I want to know if Malaysia is truly Asia.

Budget: USD 500 / PHP 24,700 / MYR 1,770
Spent so far: USD 106 / PHP 5,200 / MYR 375 (on plane tickets, MLA-KL-MLA and Langkawi-KL)

2 comments:

jax said...

sing the song, sing the songggggg!!!!!!!

chrismiss said...

Hahaha you'd like that wouldn't you hahaha!