Thursday, December 14, 2006

No time for being ill

Maybe this is payback for calling in sick last Friday when I wasn't actually physically ill. I've been running a slight fever and feeling generally weak since the start of this week and I've been conserving energy because I get so tired with the littlest things. I've refused to call in sick till today. Well I said I would try to come in and work the second half of my shift. I can't call in sick as that may jeopardize my trip to KL next month for a week. Paula and I booked our flights ages ago (last April) with Air Asia because flying with them is dirt cheap. 4k for a roundtrip fare! Score! Anyway so yeah, I'm really excited about that and I'm supposed to behave like a model employee until the supervisor approves my leave. I was supposed to talk to him about it today but forget that, I'll have to wait until next week. He's just come out of a management training seminar/conference as well and he's been walking around with folders in his hand and looking very serious and busy all week. I wonder if this affects my chances of going on holiday ever again.

I've got a nice dinner tomorrow night and I get to dress up and I can't be ill for that! And the big company party is on Saturday and I have to go! We get to wear costumes and everything. I was supposed to go as Chun Li but my cheongsam looks nothing like hers and because her thighs are unbelievably ripped in a I-can-kill-you-with-these-big-mommas-so-don't-even-try-it way while mine are nice and they wobble in a friendly way from time to time.
Come to think of it, it could very well be one of those cosplay conventions I keep hearing about. Not sure how I feel about that now.

No comments: