Sunday, December 10, 2006

Catching up on Friday and Saturday

Last Friday, I called in sick at my family's insistence. Well I did have a tummyache the night before and I am sick of work after all. Anyway my family and I spent the entire afternoon together as we went to Eastwood to go bowling, play billiards and have dinner. At bowling, I was best as Mildred but I would have to say that Bertha is definitely my favorite bowling name. I didn't even break a 100 as Helga so I may never use that name ever again. After nearly tearing my arm out of its socket, I stopped to play billiards against Donoval as I teamed up with Dad. I still suck but I'm relieved to note that there are signs of definite improvement. I intend to play a little more regularly and a little bit better next year.

We had a lovely dinner at a Japanese resto. It has a good reputation but we had a major miso soup misunderstanding with the staff and there was a little bit of commotion that could not be sorted for the longest time. In any case, we finished our meal, paid the bill and left without leaving a tip, to my dad's dismay.

--

I was too lazy to get up early on Saturday plus my body was sore from the previous night's activities so I had to skip getting beauty services done, resulting in me looking like a complete troll for a party I had later in the evening and most likely for the rest of this coming week as well. I went shopping in Market Market! (I think that exclamation mark is a nice touch), thinking the crowd would somehow be thinner, but I was dead WRONG. Furthermore, I don't think some of them bothered to bathe. I did still manage to get presents for my exchange gift person. I made it to the party pretty much on time despite a little bit of rain and the rush shopping. Brought a friend with me and we changed into evening party wear in her car on the way over from the mall. My officemates were funny and we drank beer and ate loads of food. There was a bunch of parlor games with prizes for the winners (I snagged myself a cutie photo album which I will try to use but honestly hardly anyone prints photos these days) and people performed dance numbers. I had to participate in a guitar-accompanied, offkey-singing number and smoothly avoided playing the guitar. There was a pool and I went swimming with a few people and hugged dry ones whenever I was out of the pool. Of course a Filipino party is not complete without karaoke singing and dancing but I left early because I was too frightened to take a cab home and public transport going my way doesn't operate all night. I just found out that one of my sister's officemates was a victim of the taxi modus operandi going around this season, where the cabbie drives a bit off your route and two men get in and robbed you of everything. I really should sort out renewing my driver's license but a couple of nights at the beach set my detox period back so I will need to start over again. So wait I must, unless I decide to drink a glass of vinegar a day. I don't really know why that fixes everything but I'm very impressionable and heaps of people have sworn to me that it works.

--

I've also started getting very obsessed with increasing my fan ranking in the The Amazing Race Asia forum, which has risen from number 2500+ to 382 in just a few days. I accomplished this mean feat by uploading a lovely photo, voting for photos and videos and posting comments that are designed to instigate conflict, all with a cutesy attitude. Bearing in mind that most of the forum posters are 12 to 16 year olds hahahaha. It's all amazing in a very sad way. I feel strangely loved in that community of badly written English.

2 comments:

jax said...

fat smelly crowd!??

if you don't want vinegar, drink a big glass of cran juice as much as possible in a day (maybe at least once), and exercise like hell to sweat as much as you can sweat. do it! no need for vinegar!

chrismiss said...

If I drink vinegar, will I still have to exercise? I LOVE cran juice, I drink it all the time! So I should be ok now right?