Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Chrismiss, merry enough

I spent a quiet and very productive Christmas with my parents. We worked on my mom's project for three days and I was staring at the computer for so long that my right eye started twitching and wouldn't stop for two days. It would have been funny if it wasn't hindering my sight so much and I was actually worried that it might have been a developing psychosis.

It's strange spending the holidays without my sisters. They both got married earlier this year and for the most part I've felt like I've gained two brothers instead of losing both sisters. They've moved out since and I thought I took it all in stride. However, not having them around never had the sense of permanence that I felt over this past weekend. It was slow and took me completely by surprise. Without a warning, I just felt so depressed and I started thinking that maybe I did lose them after all. I guess that's probably why everyone's been solicitous towards me all year. Good thing there was that project to finish which kept me suitably occupied. Thegan arrived the next night and we had another dinner and while we still weren't complete, I took solace in the fact that we can still spend time together, albeit infrequently.

2 comments:

Manila Girl said...

awww, sister. we missed you too. our christmas was more of a non-event than yours i think. oh well.
come visit us!

chrismiss said...

Waaaaaaaaaaah!