Friday, December 15, 2006

A book: Haroun and the sea of stories

It's a cuddly book! I was very wary at first because I'm not a big Rushdie fan (I thought Shame was a disaster) but Paula is and she lent me this book, probably to change my mind. Well good on her (good on you, Paula!) because it has and I am very grateful! I was very tough on it too but after a few chapters, little giggles of delight kept bursting out of me, forced their way out really, despite my best efforts not to be amused. It's got a The Little Prince feel to it, for me anyway, but it holds its own.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Yay! Glad you liked it!

He loves "The Wizard of Oz" and I think this was his attempt to do something similar. It's also for his son.

I read during my brother's high school graduation. My sister thought I was crazy cos I kept smiling and laughing every few pages.

chrismiss said...

Haha yeah it's that kind of book

jax said...

i wanna read it me too me too!