Thursday, December 28, 2006

Internet disruption

My internet connection at work has been shockingly dreadful for the past two days. Several sites I use for translation don't work at all, including Google. It takes an eternity for one page to load, if it does work. I was using WebCrawler to do my research for crying out loud! And Alta Vista! Yes, it's still alive! Yahoo works very very slowly and it doesn't yield as many results as Google does. Then again maybe I'm just biased. I've also started using a ratty book dictionary! It was in such bad shape that I spent over an hour taping pages because they actually crumbled when I flipped too fast. It was literally falling apart. Teehee.

Since I can't surf the net properly and read anything, I only just discovered the magnitude of the damage caused by the recent earthquakes earlier this evening. My connection at home is fine but the one at work is truly fucked. According to our tech people, it's going to take at least three weeks to have everything fully operational. Three weeks! The misery I feel right now is beyond description.

No comments: