Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Malaysia: A holiday destination part 2

I'm exciiiited! 4 more days! Exciiiiited!

Packing is an art and I take it very seriously. With that said, I did my preliminary packing over the weekend, before I went out on Sunday night knowing I would need all of yesterday to recover. Hihi I was right, I got home at 7 in the morning and slept for most of the day. Anyway, I just need to add a few more things in my backpack like toiletries and underwear and I'm all set. I've gotten very good at remembering to bring everything I need but I always worry. I also tried confirming my flight last week but I kept getting cut off. I read the fine print on my ticket and I may not need it after all. Well I'll just find out on Saturday, won't I? I've already applied for international roaming on my phone and I bought new contacts woohoo! I've started learning some useful Malay words and expressions and it's been really fun, it's very similar to Tagalog. I'm pretty sure Malaysians speak English (I think so anyway) but it's always fun to learn a new language and I enjoy either shocking people with my impressive amazing vocabularly or getting laughed at. I usually get the latter reaction. Hihi I do hope I don't get them too mixed up when I have to use them.


Other things to keep in mind:
- Keeping all my travel docs together
- Changing currency (I've decided to change 200 US and use my bank card if I need more cash. Also I intend to use my credit card whenever possible)

- Make a copy of important numbers I might need while travelling
- Getting in touch with HC members and making sure to inform them of my plans regularly. I wouldn't want them to take the time to clear their schedule only to discover that I've decided to change plans.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. I know I'm being a big geek about this but as soon as I get the tedious practical stuff out of the way then it's all fun fun fun and adventure!

Budget and what I've spent so far: unchanged from first Malaysia entry (apart from the few useless minutes trying to call Air Asia's hotline and the few pesos I'm going to lose when I change my money)

2 comments:

Manila Girl said...

Oooh, I'm so jealous! I want to go to Malaysia Truly Asia too. Never been to KL.
You should go to Kota Kinabalu!!

chrismiss said...

I don't think we are...we're already planning to go to several places! Maybe I can visit on another trip.