Friday, January 26, 2007

Elevator Stories #5: Wrong floor

On my daily afternoon break, I came across three silly girls. They looked like job seekers fresh out of college: intimidated, clueless and unprepared. They were giggling like a bevy of schoolgirls on recess. They also seemed like close friends sharing an adventure. Good attitude. They bumped into me, well they were bumping into everyone really, in the elevator lobby. The elevator I was waiting for shoots straight up to the 20th floor from ground level. They were obviously lost and I don't know why they followed me inside the lift when they were clearly unsure of what to do. One of them hesitated and said I don't think this is right, but she got on anyway, propelled by her friends' sudden hysteria at the thought of being separated. They were discussing their next move and were about to alight when I pressed the door close button. This action should by no means be taken as cruelty on my part. I am not an unkind person but I wasn't about to let excellent entertainment get away either. They seemed like they were having fun anyway, in a terror-stricken sort of way.

It was a hilarious sight, one was wailing about being hopelessly lost "Where are we going? What floor are we on? How do we get out of here? Oh we'll never find our way" and another giggling uncontrollably, so much so that she had her mouth open but she was not producing any sound at all on account of the lack of air coming in. The third one was laughing too but at least she was struggling for composure as she tried to gain some control of the situation by speaking slowly to the other two. She didn't seem to be getting through to them. The doors opened at 20 and they shuffled themselves out when I got out. I had to exit the scene quickly because by this time I couldn't help smiling widely, thoroughly amused, and I was finding it difficult to wipe it off my face. When I left them, they were standing in the lobby awkwardly, holding each other up and still tittering.

Silly girls.

6 comments:

Manila Girl said...

ugh, i hate giggly girls. at least they weren't pubescent. or were they?

chrismiss said...

Hehe I don't think so. They were funny. Anyway you're giggly most of the time hehe

Manila Girl said...

i am too! oh no!

Manila Girl said...

when are you going to post a new blog???? ang bagal...

chrismiss said...

A new blog? ...you mean another entry? You're so impatient

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.