Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Barely breathing

I've been having trouble breathing this past week. I don't like taking meds and I'm not a big fan of doctors. Yup, I'm one of those. When I don't feel well, I just drink a lot of water and rest as much as I can and that usually does it. There's never been anything seriously wrong with my respiratory system until now.

Now, I'm usually good at sleeping, I can pretty much sleep anywhere anytime if I decided I wanted a nap. But last night it took me over two hours to fall asleep, mainly because I was afraid I might stop breathing in my sleep. By midnight, I was making a conscious effort to take deep steady breaths. I must have overdone it because I got really lightheaded and a bit nauseated. Hehe I never would have pegged me as a stupid breather. Hehe.

Anyway, it didn't improve at all throughout today. In fact, breathing became even more laboured as the day wore on. I kept getting urges to breathe more and more deeply until my chest hurt. I found that bit worrying. I've decided to monitor things for at least a week.

I'm guessing this whole breathing episode was brought on by a combination of general poor health, a lack of exercise and eating habits that rock (yeah!) but not so good for the body. Oh yeah and the smoking bit but I'm putting a stop to that, well at least until I'm sure it isn't emphysema or lung disease.


To start things off, I had a wonderful salad for dinner and walked two kilometers on the treadmill when I got home. I didn't want to run straight away because I'm lazy and weak. We'll see how things go.

3 comments:

jax said...

hey you're FALLING APART!!! SORT YOURSELF OUT!!! hehe, yeh stop smoking!!!

Manila Girl said...

what are you doing to yourself?? get better!
i had a breathing incident the other night too. felt like my chest was collapsing. but it went away the next day.

chrismiss said...

I feel a bit better now but I think I should walk some more this morning. Hehe I AM falling apart huhuhu.