Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Un cours français

I enrolled myself in a french conversation class earlier. I was supposed to enroll in another one but the weekday class that I wanted wasn't being offered in the morning. So I used the extra cash to pay for my credit card bill. Oh I know, I'm so responsible. I haven't even received the statement yet but I won't be around next week and I know from experience that those finance charges are big bitches. They bite off huge chunks of your ass if you're not vigilant. You gotta keep those fuckers at bay!

Anyway a very sad thing has happened: I decided that I'm going to have to suspend my german learning for a while. I was really conflicted with that decision but I believe that it's for a good cause, that cause being one of those important investments that one believes will be beneficial to oneself in the future. I also believe that I'm really full of it today. The reason I'm studying french now is I'm planning to take a big ass exam sometime later this year (when I feel I am good and ready...problem is, I don't feel good and ready at all) which, if I pass it, will open many exciting (and lucrative) opportunities for me. It's really expensive, so failure is not an option. It's only sad for a little while and then if it all works according to the master plan, then I can be happy happy joy joy again with the Deutschlernen. Well, the results of the final exam were less than satisfactory anyway, I passed but I didn't get the sehr gut. I was really struggling in that last course. So I shall have to retake German 5 when I resume my studying and focus on maintaining a sehr gut status.

Alright, enough of all that boring studying and future planning shit. I'm going to Malaysia in 3 days, people! THREE DAYS!

6 comments:

Paula said...

Good luck with the French exam! Are you going to pursue translation or interpretation? Cos somebody told that there really is a dearth of competent translators and interpreters (more of the latter) here. Knowing how goddamn stubborn the French are, there will always be a need for them :p

You probably know enough German for us to carry a conversation in it, though! Ha!

chrismiss said...

I wish! I underestimated German but I'll be prepared when I continue studying. Hehe. I'll start with translation first since I need to be super duper good before even thinking about interpretation. But I've got the rest of my life to do this, so it's all good.

isea said...

i hate you for going to malaysia and right when everyone else is trudging back to work. heehee! my boy says books are cheap there so you ought to have saved the extra cash for those.

you haven't seen our pictures yet??? http://isea.multiply.com

you alcoholic you :D bon voyage!

Manila Girl said...

no sehr gut? why? is it the partying too much? i think it is...

Paula said...

No, books aren't cheap (definitely cheaper in Manila), but the selection is awesome. I can't profess enough love for Kinokuniya at the Petronas Towers mall. There's a Borders in KL, too. Your credit card will be put to good use there if you aren't careful. Let's hope there's enough room in your bag, cos there definitely won't be in mine :)

chrismiss said...

Woohoo woohoo woohoo! Malayyyysia trulyyy Aaaaaaasia!

Hehe oh and Val, it's only a Gut, no sehr. :( It's not the partying! It's the expenses! I stay up at night sorting out my bills and payments! Oh woe woe woe.

But woohoo tomorrow!