Monday, January 22, 2007

2007: Fixing broken teeth, learning stuff and managing money

Those three take top priority as I slowly get used to 2007. I have a lot of exciting things to sort out this year. For one, my teeth need attention! Huhu I think I'll need to set aside time to see the dentist at least once a month for most of this year. How horrid. If only people didn't put so much importance on pretty teeth these days, I'd live quite a happy life as a toothless cackling wrinkled old lady. Hmph. Another dream frustrated.

Also I have loads of french review to go over, which will probably take up most of the year as well. I'm very forgetful and I like to put things off all the bloody time.

And it looks like I may stay on at this job longer than I had projected. Although I've started looking around, I'm not in any real hurry to go through the hassle of changing jobs again. I only found out recently that there's a few other useful bonuses that I was not aware of. Basically in addition to health care, regular employees, such as myself, are given a nice amount to cover extra medical expenses. Provided I keep the receipts of course, because I'll need to present those before reimbursement. But yeah basically my eye care is pretty much covered this year, including new frames and lots of eyedrops for my sick left eye. They even have something called an economic bonus. Hehe woohoo indeed.

Ugh I've grown bored with this post. Hmm ok just quickly now, other things I'd like to get started on are small investments, mostly to test myself and my money. We've never properly mixed before so I'm rather wary to proceed to the next step of its management. It's not as deathly boring as I had always feared. I'm actually beginning to be really interested in defining my spending habits and allocating funds for shiny things that I just have to have.

1 comment:

Tess said...

Small investments are fun. I think I've broken even altogether on mine. They were penny stocks, so it was less scary =P