Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weather update: Tropical Storm Florita still hanging about

According to ever reliable PAGASA:

Weather
Issued at: 5:00 a.m., 16 July 2006
Synopsis: Southwest monsoon affecting Extreme Northern and Central Luzon. Intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) affecting Mindanao.

For the past week, Florita has caused massive landslides in Baguio, threatened to tear the roof off our house, actually tore off the roof of one of my cab driver's neighbor's house narrowly missing my cabbie while he was milling about outside his own house, thrown me into a puddle of mud water (it's a long story) and, this is the last straw, forced me to carry around an umbrella, making me the object of my friends' ridicule. I thought we were catching Florita's tail end yesterday but it rained hard again early this morning. So I dunno what that's about. I don't know why I even bother trying to make sense of Philippine weather. I guess I don't like to be caught unawares and getting thrown into the mud.

I've been quite productive over the weekend, I met up with a friend I used to see or talk to every single day for 3 years but haven't seen a lot of since I changed jobs. We got a lot of catching up done over dinner and coffee and it was really good to see him again and hear what he's been up to. Also I got a lot of layout work done, managed to secure another tentative job quite by accident really and secured another one from this guy whose project I'm currently at work on. Oh yeah haha I was able to squeeze in a couple of logo entries for this contest at our office. It's for a sportsfest that's starting sometime in August. So this logo making competition went around and I really wanted to join since I found out but thought I didn't have enough time to get around to. Well apparently there's this amazing place close to my office that has free internet access (I am disclosing neither name nor location) and I was able to pop out during my dinner break on Friday to work on my entries and get some online work done. The deadline was yesterday. Hihi the prize isn't much, a couple of thousand pesos in gift certificates, redeemable at any sports shop. Cross your fingers for me, I want to get a sports bra.

No comments: