Monday, July 24, 2006

Hello Glenda

Welcome to the monsoon season. After Florita left, we had about two hours of sunshine stickiness until the next typhoon blanketed the country wet and grey. It has been raining intermittently all weekend. And how. I am the kind of person who likes walking in the rain and marvelling at raindrop behavior on windowpanes and in puddles but it's kinda hard to do that when they're pelting you full in the face making it impossible for you to breathe or see clearly, if at all. It has gotten to the point where I really wouldn't mind a day or two of dryness. Last night's and today's downpour have been so torrential that I'm beginning to worry whether I still have a home to go to later. I've become addicted to PAGASA:


Issued At: 5:00 p.m., 24 July 2006
Synopsis : At 2:00 p.m. today, Typhoon "GLENDA" was estimated based on radar, satellite and surface data at 140 kms northeast of Basco, Batanes (21.2°N 123.0°E) with maximum sustained winds of 150 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 185 kph. It is forecast to move west northwest at 17 kph. Southwest monsoon affecting western sections of Southern Luzon and Visayas.


Sigh. Well there's really not that much to report at the moment except that I had a wonderful and loud Saturday and then a rainy and very quiet Sunday. I'm meeting with C and O later after work. They just got up half an hour ago. They're the laziest tourists ever. Hehe. I'll come back when I've done or discovered something of a more interesting nature. Till then.

4 comments:

Paula said...

You should have them do one of Carlos Celdran's tours. They're lots of fun. celdrantours.blogspot.com

Tell them to drop by the silent movies, too!

chrismiss said...

Oh yeah good ideas. When are the brochures coming back from printing?

Unknown said...

ooooh i miss the rain....i miss the rain...rain pour on me nowwwww!!!!

xoxoxo to char and oli...is oli cute?

chrismiss said...

Yes I guess he is. In your words, a twink.

...

Do you need a tissue?