Friday, July 07, 2006

Going for a sehr gut

Okay I've managed to get my room back to Phase I status. I don't want to commit to Phase II just yet, too many things are going on and I'm doing my best to keep up. But I think Phase II can involve sorting through years of sentimental junk and wtf junk.

Plus I've sorted out my laundry, I should drop it off at the launderer's tomorrow. I hope I don't forget, otherwise I won't have anything decent to wear next week.

Oh yeah I went to dinner last night with a friend. It had been long overdue. He sort of wanted to start something when we met (last year) but I was too distracted with new shiny things and then a situation happened, wonderful for me and unlucky for him. It got awkward then we were both relieved that I got busy and he got busy. We didn't get to talking again until recently. So it was good, we had a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant. We sat outside and made pleasant catching up conversation while we shared a salad and a pizza, complemented by a bottle of wine while a storm raged on spraying us delightfully with rain water. Then our evening was over and we went our separate ways.

Good things came out of this:
1 - I no longer feel iffy around him. But there's definitely no romance going on.
2 - he needs design services!

Yay! So I'm rushing to finish a current one I've had for a while now, and all that's waiting for is the finalization of event sponsors. That should be sorted before next week ends.

But the main focus of the month is German. My finals are in August and while I've gotten consistently top final exam grades in the past (the institute issues a certificate that says sehr gut if you've been amazing and I haven't been of late), I'm afraid this time around I've missed too many classes and I really haven't been studying at all. So all this July I'm going to do the Mageremo! Also known as MAssive GErman REview MOnth. I'm going to replace the songs in my phone with German lessons, bring my German notes with me to read during my breaks at work, beef up on vocabulary, read a bit in the morning, study a bit before going to bed. The works. I can do this.

I'll start after the WC final match hehe.

Heyyyyyy Mageremo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Play dress up clothes Proactiv comparison