Saturday, July 01, 2006

Crying for Argentina

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgghhhh! I'm running out of teams to root for. I was rooting for Germany too...until they beat Argentina! Hmph I will retaliate by not doing my German homework. Hmph. *arms folded across chest*

I've had a bad day today. In stark contrast to last night which was amazing. We celebrated J's birthday whom I hadn't seen in weeks. I always enjoy spending time with my AF guys but I had even more fun than I usually do. I should have posted about it earlier this evening, I had two hours of free time at work because we ran out of files to translate (pshah!) but I was too hung over from the night before to function more than the minimalest of efforts. I'll try to make time for that this weekend. Anyway I've had this migraine lurking in my head all day, biding its time to hit me with a big one. It's driving me nuts. I need sleep.

I was late for work.

I was supposed to meet up with an ex earlier this evening. We haven't seen each other since he left to become a marine...or navy guy...um I know I'm not allowed to get those two mixed up, but I really can't remember. Yeah anyway it's been like 7 years since I last saw him. But we kept in touch over the years, though not very regularly, and I can say we've become friends. He's the only ex I ever really talk to. So yeah I was actually looking forward to seeing him again.

Pff I got stood up. Luckily for me, Ed showed up. Thanks Ed! I asked a bunch of people if they wanted to hang out but everyone backed out at the last minute. I didn't mind so much, fully expecting Ex to show up, it's really surprising he didn't, uncharacteristic even. But then seven years is a long time and people do change. But that would have been a sad sad picture, me on my own haha. I wonder what I would have done haha it's funny to think about that now.

We watched the game. Argentina lost. So frustrating. I lost my anger sometime back and it has been a source of amusement for me. Following the WC tournament, I think I'm slowly finding it again. Very strange. There was a most unattractive lady,
who was obviously a Germany supporter, dancing on the table in front of the screen...so one could not help but look at her. Ugh after the shoot out, she was, and I'm going out on a limb here, attempting what may have been a sexy dance.

I wanted to throw a shoe at her. I even imagined myself throwing it in a perfect arc and people watching it sail across the room and connecting with her obnoxiously large head. And her giving out a cry as she fell to the floor with a heavy thud.

I'm a bad person.

This is why Argentina lost.

Then I was unfortunate enough to get in the slowest fucking cab in Manila. We actually had to pull over once so he could check his tires. I'm not joking, I could have gotten out and walked faster than he was driving.

I forgot my key and had to wake someone up.

Grah I'm going to sleep.