Friday, July 21, 2006

Ready Steady Go

I'm EXHAUSTED. I believe that's the first time this job has completely tuckered me out. And there's still a few more files left to be done. But I need to catch my breath.

So catch my breath I will.

Char and Oli arrived from London earlier this afternoon. I think they drove down in a coach from Warwick (where they both attend uni). They'll be going around the Philippines for 7 weeks. I had arranged for a car to pick them up at the airport and take them back to mine. Their flight was delayed. Had a bit of a worry for a minute there waiting to hear from the driver guy saying that everything was alright. But everything's cool. I'm meeting up with them and a few of my friends when I get off work, which is in an hour.

Mom was delighted I finally let her have her cleaning way with my bedroom. I got home and walked into my room last night and thought I was in the wrong place. The pile of dirty clothes on the floor was gone, ALL my books are on the shelf, my closet has space again and there was no trace of the general dusty atmosphere I'd gotten used to. I was not even out of my outside clothes when Mumsy let loose a barrage of questions. How was it possible that my skin allergies were not triggered by the several inch layer of dust under the bed and on the window sill? Why are some of the clothes inside out? Are those oreo cookie crumbs or souvenirs from non human creatures I've gotten friendly with? And so it went. Her eyes sparkled while she waited impatiently for my responses. When she was satisfied, I informed her that I was hungry and jokingly wondered aloud if I could have my dinner in my spotless room. She was indignant and said in a tone that brooked no room for negotiation, no your food will be prepared on the dining table and you will eat it there.

Hehe funny woman my mother. I guess we can call Operation Tumy a smashing success.

Okay I'm off to work some more now and I shall endeavor to post entries regularly for the next month and a half.

No comments: