Monday, November 20, 2006

A volleyball default, airport arrivals and beer talk

Last Saturday, Donoval arrived with presents in the form of chocolates and clothes and books. I couldn't join them for a family dinner at home because I had that big volleyball game. My team was in the running for third place. I was actually looking forward to it, I've really enjoyed moving around and getting sweaty more than I expected I would. I've even looked into joining our building's gym and I have never worked out in a gym before. Hah. The match was at 6 and I went to the office to hitch a ride with my other teammates who were still working. We thought we had enough time to get to the place but no one knew that there was a huge midnight madness sale over the weekend and Makati was packed with mad traffic, presumably till midnight. We arrived at the game at a quarter to 6, the opposing team were all there already waiting. But the rest of our team didn't show up, who knows why. One of my teammates was on the verge of tears. So we lost on a technicality. We decided to play the 5 sets anyway, race to 15 points. We won without really breaking a sweat. Our team actually did pretty well, only losing once but then we got defaulted twice... Hehe sob sob.

I met up with friends for dinner. Ever since half my regular group migrated for a "better life" or for study abroad (deserters!), I've been going out with friends of friends. So I've been a party add-on for most of this year. But people have been kind enough to take in a drifter, a group extension, a loud and drunk one at that. And I am usually surprised to have such a spankin' good time. So I celebrated with a gazillion coco lychee drinks and heavily watered down cherry beer.

Some HC (hospitalityclub) people from Poland who had arrived in Manila a few days ago decided they wanted to join the fun but couldn't find the place. I was trying to communicate with them, and in my inebriated state kept fat-fingering my keypad. It was all good in the end, a super duper friend said we could take her car to pick them up. Hihi she was only a few drinks behind me after all.

Then it took a while for things to settle down as introductions needed to be made and new orders needed to be placed and people needed to get acquainted.


Got home at past 3, found my little sister at home and still awake. We haven't had a chance to talk since she moved out and it was good catching up with her from serious plans to the latest amazing race asia episode (Thegan know the rock climbing couple that just got eliminated). Yeah we knew which topics needed to be discussed. Finally got to bed at half 4, swimming in and out of sleep and feeling the onset of a hangover headache, which has persisted all throughout yesterday and is dying a very slow and agonizing death today.

2 comments:

isea said...

i feel sick until now! we went over to wappy's house and stayed until 4, just drinking and hanging out in his room.

again! again! :)

chrismiss said...

Hahaha you lightweight, okay let's do it!