Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Regularization, part II

So I signed the papers. According to my supervisor, I will not be moved to the other department. Basically whatever I trained one whole week for means absolutely nothing. I said as much to him and he was quite unbothered by my insinuation of the training's futility and the company's inefficiency. He simply said yes. I suppose living a life of ineptitude and earning a fat salary leaves one complacent and indifferent to anyone else's concerns. I'm kind of depressed about it because it was really interesting and promised career growth. I'm not very big on career development anyway but if the opportunity is there, I wouldn't mind a piece of it. Hence the kind of depression. And it is beginning to look like there is nowhere else to go but laterally in the company.

I am going to plan an escape in 2007.

4 comments:

Manila Girl said...

Come to Melbourne!!

chrismiss said...

Huhuhuhuhu I need to find work

Tess said...

Escape here! Or even better, Montreal - they like people who know French and the social scene is better :)

chrismiss said...

Hahaha