Sunday, November 12, 2006

A bet on Borat

Earlier this week, at work and in training but on a coffee break, J and I were communicating via text and our conversation went something like this:

J: Hey! Do you know about this Borat movie that's showing right now? It looks hilarious, let's watch it!
Me: Of COURSE I know about it, I've known about it for ages (I think I communicated eye-rolling effectively)
J: I think it's by the same guy who did Ali G, Sacha something...
Me: Nonono it's by a British comedian who's only pretending to be Kazakhstani.
J: Yeah exactly, he did Ali G too. I bet you!
Me: Ali G's a real person. 500 pesos says you're wrong.
J: You're on! I know it's him, I'm going to check online later.
Me: Haha you just lost yourself 500 pesos.
J: I'll be the judge of that.

I got back to my desk after break and started my Borat research. It took less than a minute to realize that I was a BIG idiot. And that I lost a bet yet again. I have never won a bet on anything but I keep doing it anyway. I really thought I was right.

Damn you Sacha!

4 comments:

Manila Girl said...

how can you not know Borat was Ali G???? Tch.
It's showing there now? We want to watch it!! We're leaving before it shows here.
Let's watch it this weekend!! Wait for us. =)

chrismiss said...

I don't know, he didn't look like him hehe

jax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jax said...

and the wayans brothers didn't look like white chicks, but the wayans brothers are not white chicks!!! ...or are they???