Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I was at the mall on Sunday...

And this here was begging to have its picture taken:

Manny Pacquiao: Badass Boxer and Umbrella Holder

Initially I thought he was endorsing a brand of umbrella. Ridiculous yes, but he's selling pretty much everything else, I can't be expected to know any better. Hehe the sales people wanted to take the umbrellas out of the shot and I had to insist they keep them there as that was the whole point I was taking the photo in the first place.

Of course I caught the match on TV, like millions of others. I expected the Pacman to kick ass but I did not wish such a humiliating defeat for his opponent. TKO in 3 rounds! Of 12! I thought that maybe they'd still be at it by round 5 at least. Poor Morales was in tears.

Hardcore fans who went to venues airing the match on large screens waited for at least 4 hours before the big event finally came on. And then it was over in about half an hour. I'm pretty sure the singing of the national anthems took longer. He won yes, but most people felt cheated anyway because it was over so soon.

1 comment:

Tess said...

LOL great photo!