Monday, June 05, 2006

Stormy Weather

Saturday mornings I attend a German class. Since I'm paying for it, I try not to miss a lesson, though I'm seldom on time. I study more than I expected to and I have to learn about 50 new words every week which is difficult since German words tend to be oh-so-loooooooooooong. But it's good, I'm having loads of fun which is a little strange considering I used to like not going to class. My classmates are all quite good (but they're all going down bwahaha), the dimmer ones having been weeded out in the last couple of levels hihihi! Okay I'm sorry (but not really). But yeah I enjoy it so much that I even got a book called "German Made Simple" yesterday.

Hehe I started reading it too! Anyway after class I went to visit my old workplace to say hi but they were too busy for me! So I left and had some beauty services done instead. The lady who sorted out my eyebrows has asked me to leave them alone. She did such a good job that I think I will. Then I went to dinner with friends and while we were gorging on yummy italian food, the skies opened and released sheets and sheets of water. Yay! I'm used to heavy rains here but that downpour frightened me a little. It lasted several minutes. After dinner, some of us went home but I went with a couple of them to this lovely place that I used to frequent earlier this year. Yes I had my usual lassi there. My mom rang me and asked me where I was. Apparently it rained so hard that it flooded in our area (and it almost never does there). So I stayed out a bit then spent the night at some kind soul's house.

It rained some more on Sunday so after lunch with the family, I spent the afternoon at home, tidying up my room making it look slightly less of a yard sale, sorted out my laundry and did my bathroom inventory. I need soap. Then I did some design revisions and watched three Grey's Anatomy episodes in a row. Meredith is still annoying. Then I had a much needed massage and fell asleep a few times, disorienting me each time. But it was soooo good.


Okay it's time for my hot choco and I have to work now, I really shouldn't be slacking off so early in my employment.