Thursday, June 22, 2006

LAMS

I am ill. Sniff sniff. Of all days. Why todayyy? I like going to work. There's an architecture exhibit I wanted to see later this evening. And that Ghana-USA game is tonight. Aaargh! It's so unfair! Instead I have to stay home and get in super LAMS mode. LAMS is simply Looking After Myself System. LAMS key points are: a LOT of water and a LOT of bedrest. LAMS = LW + LB = chriswellness. Oh. Hmm. Hehe. It doesn't work that way, does it? That would be LAMS = chriswellness right? And that's not. Right, I mean. Hehe I obviously have no clue how equations work. I assure you it works for me, I've been using it for years. Wait wait hold on a minute here. LAMS does equal to my wellness! What the hell's wrong with me. Anyway I started the system yesterday and I am still brimming with water. I made so many toilet trips at work, I think that if I count the minutes I took to get there, have a wee (which was a lot mind you), wash my hands and shuffle back to my desk, it would easily add up to an hour.

I feel useless. Oooh but I do get to read a book today. I purchased Zadie Smith's On Beauty last weekend. It was a choice between this and a book containing all of DH Lawrence's short stories. I do love Daniel but the cover was a disaster. I'm going to wait for a different edition of that. Look at Zadie's. It's pretty. When you judge a book by its cover, it helps settle difficult decisions. Just think, I could still be in that bookstore now. In any case I've started the winning book, so far I'm not hooked yet but I quite liked her White Teeth and the read started out the same way.

So anyway, I called in sick today.

4 comments:

chrismiss said...

I suppose...

jax said...

i only like being sick when i'm contagious but comfortable, otherwise you're useless and bedridden. if you're up and about it's much more fun.

undoy said...

maysakit ka :-( must be sympathy rage-turned-sickness pagdating ng wave sa'yo... nag-aaklas na raw sa Alliance, buwahahahahaha!!!

chrismiss said...

Hehe. I'm feeling better, only slightly phlegmy now hihi