Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Shoe Crisis!

I got to work with fifteen minutes to spare. Good thing too. I'm feeling pretty smug at getting good at being on time. But none of that matters because as I was walking to my desk, the strap on my shoe broke! Well it's a slip-on and that itty bitty thing that connects the top bit to the insole, well, it tore off. So there I was, panic-stricken but trying to appear like nothing out of the ordinary happened, ambling along striving to do so without limping too conspicuously. Only I couldn't help it. I had to drag my left foot to prevent the damn slipper from flying off my foot and knocking someone unconscious. Then everyone would gather round and start asking questions...that situation would have been much much worse.

So I rushed (or tried to) to my desk while possible solutions raced through my mind. I scoured my drawer for my newly acquired stapler (imagine if I didn't have one) and I hastily stapled the frayed bit onto the insole. After several attempts, I managed to fasten it. It's very fragile though so I have to remember to move delicately today. I can't even get a hot choco to make me feel better. It's too risky. I won't take toilet breaks unless I really really really have to. With the Stapler-of-the-Year in my pocket. I won't even think about how I'm going to get home yet (I have to walk a couple of blocks to get a ride).

Hooboy it's going to be a long day.

4 comments:

jax said...

I tag you! Since you're so big on "chain letters" hehe, come to my site and join the game. It's a quiz-type thing-ish.

chrismiss said...

Hey that was AS A JOKE! I can't stand chain letters and forwarded junk!

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it slots hire in london roulette wheel Adderall 2bon 2bline Paintball fill yellow shell American century retirement plan services auto navigation von pioneer Area rugs by mahdavi Cuisnart ice cream makers Panama internet connection barcode scanner Firstgear sport jacket xl tall Morgantown cosmetic surgery lexus rx300 problem dr rubis plastic surgeon in tulsa oklahoma Bulk email superstore methods e mail list

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Ecg invasive blood pressure veterinary http://www.computerboardgames.info/Parental_control_aim.html slots play Dodge shadow convertible Blown circuit breakers Pay bill cbeyond