Monday, June 12, 2006

Free day!

Hihihi it's Independence Day. And I'm at work. I've been feeling a little down all weekend and couldn't snap out of it. The dark mood usually lifts when I get out of the house and preoccupy myself with errands or silly stuff. Otherwise I'll feel progressively worse, I'll do nothing but sleep and eat and nap and watch tv then I'll feel groggy and bloated and lazy and pathetic. And I tend to spend money on stupid things I don't need to cheer myself up and that's never good, I get all depressed and self-loathing.

So I gave myself a compromise: I'll come to work on a holiday for a couple of hours, feel better doing something productive and making extra money while I'm at it, then leave to go to the mall to do a bit of shopping, run my errands and buy stupid things.

So that's what I'm sticking to today.

My office building was creepy. I entered it and the lobby was dark and smoky with construction work and half the elevators weren't available. I got up to my floor and found that only a third of the workforce reported for duty. It's so cool. I really just wanted a chance to come in my dirty jeans and scruffy sneakers. Defile the system somehow. Mwaha.

And guess what? There's FREE FOOD! I didn't know that! No wonder people come to work on holidays. It's like a party here but with dull and stuffy people who are trying to be cool and hip. It's so good. It's hilarious you have to see it.

I'm such a child.

4 comments:

jax said...

Are there any Zingers?

chrismiss said...

No it was some kind of chicken skewer with weird barbecue type sauce and yellow rice possibly pretending to be yang chow. It was yummy.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Chicago dryers support uses of levaquin levaquin resistan

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Anti depressant drug Cheapest prices on running shoes