Friday, September 01, 2006

Humbug

Everyone in the Philippines knows that the Christmas season starts in September. Fondly and very unimaginatively referred to as the '-ber months' and one will definitely hear the statement "Berber na!" annoyingly followed by the useless "SeptemBERR OctoBERR NovemBERR DecemBERR", with emphatic relish on the ber syllable, as I have indicated by providing caps and letter doubling. I would have to say that they are, without a doubt, the most annoying statements ever to be recycled into existence annually. It's the first of September and already I have heard these two statements one too many times. I'm neither a very big fan of Christmas nor do I consider myself a bah humbugger (I quite like Carol of the Bells) but for crying out loud, we get it, berber very clever, alright already! Enough! It's not cute!

Who has heard a Christmas carol on the radio today? Let's have a show of hands.

No comments: