Monday, September 11, 2006

Talk of interviews and visa approvals

We are conducting more interviews tomorrow to find a suitable replacement for BLG (he's getting assigned to a different department). It's been slow-going. We started two weeks ago. One shows promise though, I hope she does well on the exam. We have two more to screen tomorrow.

I hope they find someone before the end of this month. I'll only be gone for a week but the work will definitely pile up and loads of files will be delayed. I actually couldn't care less; I'm going to Melbourne! It's my sister's wedding on the 30th. That's two sisters married off in one year. I wonder how my dad feels. Actually I do know. He said I can wait till next year to get married. Hehe funny man, yeah right. I am finally relieved of the not-so-quiet pressure of producing offspring and manipulative little devils pretending to be adorable tottering little grandchildren. My sisters can sort that out among themselves. I'm free.

My visa's valid for a year too. Woohoo. Such a brief visit but I'm looking forward to it. Even though I haven't a thing to wear yet.

I don't have a dress for the wedding. Grah it's just one after another, isn't it?

No comments: