Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dharma at 70s Bistro

I met up with some friends at 70s Bistro last night. Up Dharma Down was playing. I've seen them perform several times, they're quite good, strong vocals, solid band. I keep meaning to get a copy of their songs but I'm always out with very little cash. I haven't had to walk home though, fortunately, but there is always a first time. They release their stuff under the label Terno Recordings and they also have a page on myspace.

I haven't been to 70s for years and the place has changed very little since I was last there. Still nice and cozy although I wish there were better restroom conditions. But anyway peeing comfortably is not what one is meant to be doing there. We ordered a plate of hotdog and onions to complement our evening. I don't normally go out of my way to eat hotdogs (save for the occasional Sabrett indulgence) but I have to say, hotdog slices doused in barbecue sauce is a very delicious dish! Hihi.

Did a little bit of net research and, to my surprise, they have a website. Well, sort of. See it:
http://www.70sbistro.com/. I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but I think bands perform only until midnight because some of the residents in the area have complained about the noise. I think the bar stays open till after that time though as there were still people hanging around when we left.

70s Bistro is located on Anonas Street in Quezon City.

No comments: