Saturday, August 12, 2006

Der Aufschnitt, das Brot und die Bücher

My classmates and I survived! The final exam was this morning and for once I arrived on time. Greg, our teacher, made us do so many things! Well to be fair, he had nothing to do with the exam items, but still he handed the papers out. Grammar questions, listening and reading comprehension items, we even had to write a letter! Hihi it was fun. I'll ring the institute for the results later this week but, alas, I do not think it is a sehr gut for me this time. Quite right really, I was rather delinquent. But apparently, according to some of my classmates, there were some items on the test that we had not covered. And I thought all along that I had just missed one too many classes. Very tragic. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in myself. Anyway I shall strive to do better come German 5. It starts in two weeks!

After the exam, we had a class party! Students from other classes left straight after their exams. Dullards. Check out our food! One of our classmates organized everything, she did a fine job! Everyone else put in a hundred pesos each. I'm pretty sure the whole thing cost a lot more than what was pooled together. I was so delighted with the food presentation that I took photos. Several kinds of cold cuts and cheeses and slices of the right type of bread: a nice and crusty shell and the inside soft and warm! So nice! Don't forget the mustard and sauerkraut dips.

All in all, very very yummy. It wasn't long till we were all fat and bloated from stuffing our faces in. Oh yeah there were chocolates too (I helped myself to one little bar) and red wine, of which I had none (it was Carlo Rossi, after all). We happily chatted away until it was time to go.

After that, I was so full that I decided to walk with one of my classmates to her bus stop. From there, it was about a block away from Greenbelt. If you're in Manila and you can't get enough of books, head on over to any Powerbooks branch. They're on sale all this month. Hurry, while supplies last! Hihi. I finally got a copy of the Murakami book I mentioned earlier this week, yay what great timing, with 20% off its actual price. There were some books I tried looking for but in vain. One had already gone out of stock, another one's cover looked horrible, and another one, strangely enough, was in Spanish.

But all in all, a very yummy day indeed.

2 comments:

Paula said...

On Tuesday, the German 7 class did the same thing, only their food was catered. They had pasta, chicken, beef, lumpia, vegetables, brownies AND cake. They invited us to go down and eat. Good god, you German students sure like celebrating the end of a term!

chrismiss said...

Yum yum