Thursday, October 19, 2006

Traveller Dainius Kinderis

I know Dainius from Hospitality Club (HC). It's a site that brings people from all over the world with similar ideas about travelling together. It works like this: Traveller 1 (the guest) is going on a trip, he gets on the HC site, starts looking and talking to members living in the place where he is going to, finds Traveller 2 (the host) who is willing to host him for free (that's the spirit of HC). Traveller 1 arrives, meets up with Traveller 2 and they have a grand old time. It's very good. I've been a member for a number of years now and have used the site from time to time. It's really good and educational and the members I've met, through being a host as well as a guest, are friendly and very helpful. It's a different experience when you've got a local showing you around. Anyway, I hosted Dainius here a couple of years back when he went around the Philippines and he stopped by Manila for a bit. He was travelling a lot before I met him and he's been at it ever since! I heard from him recently and discovered that he's starting a trip to Africa. He's got a site documenting his progress and all. Check it out when you've got time: Africa4corners.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Wow, nice to know Dainius is going places! Best wishes to him!

Haha, you caved! I detect changes in your layout!! :)

chrismiss said...

Hihi yours looked so friendly...you showed me the way to beta. heheh