Wednesday, May 31, 2006

End of May

Grah I'm doing my best not to simmer in my annoyance. The day started out harmless enough. I woke up earlier than usual feeling groggy from sleeping later than usual but that was okay. I was supposed to drop by my new bank before coming in to work to pick up my cash card for my payroll account. Exciting, I know.

I got up at 8 and since I don't have to leave for work till a quarter to 11, I had a wee bit of time to dilly dally. I had breakfast which was at least nutritional, if not mouth-watering, I looked over last night's design, mentally revised a few details to remember to actually do later, listened to mother dearest prattle on about her itinerary for the day. I even decided to replace the song collection in my phone...which ended with me mucking things up. Not only did I manage not to add new songs, I actually wiped out the ENTIRE song folder. Nice huh?

So on my merry musicless way I went. Traffic was heavier than expected and the sun was too cheerful for comfort. And I was getting impatient.

I got out at my stop with not a lot of time. I had allotted at least half an hour for the bank thing, in case I need to wait, fill out forms, think of a PIN etc. Pressed for time, I took a cab, the cabbie was useless, then we had to deal with one way streets. The map the "helpful" lady had drawn me yesterday was inaccurate, no it was plain wrong.

Needless to say I was beyond frustrated. I directed him back to my building and went to work 15 minutes early. I accomplished nothing.

Oh and lookit, 2 feet of files to translate today.