Friday, February 02, 2007

Dental date #1

I dreaded going to the dentist when I was younger and my mom used to tell me and my sisters that we were going to the carnival but always neglected to mention that we were stopping by the dentist's office first. The dread never really went away as I got older and I put off scheduling dental checkups for as long as I could, and only until my parents' nagging got to be too much. Recently, though it's been tricky to squeeze checkups into my disorganised schedule, I've begun to really enjoy getting my tooth cleaned and just generally having someone fuss over me for an hour or so. I always feel like fasting after cleaning because I didn't want to get my teeth dirty.

Today I went to see my dentist and had the first session in what I project to be a year-long series. It's not as expensive as I initially estimated so I will probably see her more than once a month. Here's to healthier teeth in 2007. How strange that I'm growing more and more obsessed with my health lately. What is the world coming to? Ack the climate changes are wreaking havoc on behavioral patterns of living creatures! Crazy? Maybe so. But I'm still going to look into it.

2 comments:

chrismiss said...

That's not even true

jax said...

wait wait so did you actually go to carnival after?? of course you did, your mum's golden. but didn't carnival make you feel better??? next dental date, mag star city tayo!